011 52 984 803 – 1622
011 52 984 876 – 2839
+52 (984) 876 – 2839
10 Preventive Measures
Ensure your safety during your visit in Our Clinic
<< Click here >>
Coral Dental Center
You decide to have a hot coffee, you think about its flavor and in your mind you are already enjoying it … but when you take the first sip you feel pain in your teeth
Does it sound familiar to you?
Well, it shouldn’t. This could be the first symptom of a soft tissue infection inside your tooth.
Because of that infection you could lose your tooth! Come to Coral Dental Center, we will save your tooth while you enjoy the comfortable climate of Playa del Carmen.
There are many endodontic procedures that we can use to SAVE YOUR TEETH!
To be a Dental Clinic formed by a group of specialists that provides reliable dental care through a humane, delicate, ethical and professional treatment. That seeks to satisfy their patients by returning the health, function and oral aesthetics in each of their treatments.
To be a chain of Dental Clinics in the Southeast of the country recognized for the quality of its treatments, offering a reliable and professional service. Formed by a team of people with human quality committed to the welfare of patients. Also consolidate in the field of Dental Tourism.
- HONESTY, INTEGRITY AND HONESTY
- ETHICS AND RELIABILITY
- DISCIPLINE, RESPONSIBILITY AND PUNCTUALITY
- LOYALTY, RESPECT, SOLIDARITY, CAMARADERIA
- QUALITY, EXCELLENCE, CONSTANCE, PASSION
- KINDNESS, ALTRUISM, WARMHOUSE, HUMAN TREATMENT
WARRANTY CONDITIONS AND COVERAGE
Benefits as a Patient
All porcelain, zirconium or acrylic prosthesis. If these restorations fracture with normal use during a period of two (2) full years from the date of their initial placement, we will replace or repair these at no additional charge.
All gold or metal prosthesis. If our gold or all metal restorations fracture with normal use during a period of five (5) years from the date of initial placement, we will replace or repair them at no additional charge.
Resin filling. If our filling fracture with normal use during a period of two (2) years from the date of initial placement, we will replace or repair them at no additional charge.
Dental Implants and surgeries. If your body rejects the procedure during the period of two (2) years, it will be redone or repaired at no additional charge.
Root Canal Therapy. If the root canal fails during the period of two (2) years from the date of initial procedure, the amount paid for the treatment will be used as a deposit for new treatment and/ or for correction of the same.
TO KEEP THIS WARRANTY VALID
- All evaluations and procedures must be done by our medical staff Coral Dental Center.
- Must present this document at the event of a claim.
- Have enough time for the treatment to be corrected and/ or replaced.
- Maintain your billing account and relationship in good standings at Coral Dental Center.
- Any repairs and replacements will be done by Coral Dental Center, this warranty is void on work repaired by another office.
- The treatment must be repaired and/or replaced, no cash refund.
WARRANTY CONDITIONS AND COVERAGE
This warranty does not cover damage to teeth or dental prosthesis caused by accidents, trauma, neglect or improper use (as grinding, clenching, chewing ice and/or non-food ítems). All procedures not listed on this document is not under warranty.
Specialized branch of dentistry in the study and treatment of dental pulp (nerve) conditions. The root canal treatment is carried out by cleaning and shaping the canal and then filling it with a special material and permanently sealing it.
This treatment is indicated in severe cases of caries to save the tooth from extraction.
Continuous training and new technologies such as microscope, ultrasound and digital radiography are tools today to perform a high quality treatment thus improving the prognosis of the case.
Who performs the root canal treatment?
Endodontists perform not only routine cases, but also very difficult and complex root canal procedures, including root canal surgery. This specialized training and experience is very valuable when root canal surgery is required.
Why do I need a root canal surgery?
Surgery can help save your tooth from a variety of situations.
Also, surgery can be used in diagnosis.
If you have a persistent symptom, but there is no apparent problem seen on the x-ray, your tooth probably has a small fracture or the canal cannot be detected during the conventional procedure. In this case the surgery allows your endodontist to examine the root of your tooth, find the problem and provide the appropriate treatment.
Sometimes the calcium deposit causes a canal to be too narrow to clean and even instruments cannot be used to lower the tooth which are used when the root canal treatment is performed, and the end of the root cannot be found. If your tooth has excess calcium, your endodontist will perform root canal surgery to clean and seal the rest of the canal.
Usually, a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment may last the rest of its life and never need an root canal surgery procedure. However, in some cases the scarring does not respond positively. The patient has a lot of pain and discomfort in the following months or sometimes years after having had a successful endodontic treatment. In this case root canal surgery can help save your tooth.
Root Canal surgery can also be performed to treat damaged roots or the surrounding bone.
There are many surgical procedures to save a tooth. The most common root canal procedure is called apicectomy or root tip resection. When there is inflammation or infection that persists in the area of the bone around the tip of your tooth after endodontic treatment, your endodontist can do an apicectomy.
What is an apicectomy?
During this procedure the endodontist cuts the gum near the tooth to expose the bone and removes the infectious tissue. The root tip is also removed.
A small filler can be put to seal the duct, some stitches are placed to help proper healing.
After a few months, the bone heals around the tip of the root.
Are there other types of root canal surgery?
Other surgeries can be performed even by dividing the tooth in half, repairing the damaged root, even removing one or more roots. Your dentist will kindly explain the specific treatment your tooth requires. In some cases the procedure called intentional reimplantation. In this procedure the tooth is extracted treated with endodontic procedures and then placed back in the same place.
This procedure is designed to save your tooth.
Will I feel discomfort during or after the procedure?
The procedure is quite comfortable with the use of local anesthesia and with modern techniques such as the use of the Microscope and ultrasonic tips, most patients report feeling well during and after the procedure.
Of course you may feel some discomfort or inflammation during the healing period. This is normal for any surgical procedure. Your endodontist will prescribe the appropriate medication to relieve discomfort.
It will also give you specific postoperative indications.
If you have questions after the procedure or if you have pain that does not respond to pain relievers, call your doctor.
Can I drive after the procedure?
Generally it is possible, however you should ask your dentist before your appointment, or if necessary arrange your transportation.
When can I return to my normal activities?
The procedure is quite comfortable with the use of local anesthesia and most patients return to their daily routine the next day. Of course, your dentist will recommend the recovery time you need.
How to know that the surgery will be successful?
Your dentist or endodontist is suggesting root canal surgery because he thinks it is the best option for you. Of course there are no guarantees with any surgical procedure.
Your Endodontist should explain which of the possibilities for the success of this procedure so that you can make an informed decision about it.
What are the alternatives apart from root canal surgery?
Frequently the only alternative is the extraction of the dental organ. This extraction must be replaced by an implant, a 3-unit bridge or a removable partial denture to restore mastication and prevent adjacent teeth from being affected.
These alternatives require surgery or dental procedures on healthy adjacent teeth. Endodontic surgery is the recommended option not only for the cost but also to maintain your dental health.
No matter how effective or modern the tooth replacement is and can be very effective – nothing is as good as a natural tooth. You have already made an investment saving your tooth. The price for root canal surgery can be healthy, functional and natural for the rest of your life.
Dr. Marco Laguna Contreras
endodontics and m.s. on orthodontics
A Root Canal surgery requieres an experienced professional, in Coral Dental Center we have a highly qualified professional in this specialty, meet Doctor Marco Laguna’s resume
- Dental Surgeon, UNAM
- Dental Surgeon Professional ID 1845481
- Specialty on Endodontics, Universidad Tecnológica de México
- Specialty Professional ID 3273307
- Master on Orthodontics Sciences, Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila
- Certified Member of Consejo Mexicano de Endodoncia N. 260
- Member of Asociación Mexicana de Endodoncia
- Founder Member of Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas Sección Riviera Maya
- President of Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas Sección Riviera Maya, 2010 – 2012
- Invited professor in charge of Post-graduate courses on Endodontics at different universities
- Professor at UNAM (FES Iztacala and FES Acatlán), 1998 – 2007
- Professor of Endodontics at UNITEC, 1997 – 2003
- Honorific Mention in Premio Nacional de Investigación given by AME, 1998
- Has published papers on Journal of Endodontics
We are the most recognized Dental Specialties Clinic in the Riviera Maya for 16 years
Dr. Alejandro Laguna Contreras
• Dental Surgeon, 1979 – 1972 UNAM
• Dental Surgeon Professional ID 966272
• Specialty on Orthodontics by Centro de Estudios de Postgrado en Ortodoncia Valle de Anáhuac 1989 – 1991
• Diploma Course on Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2011
• Specialty on Orthodontics (AOMEI), 2012
• Specialty Professional ID 89357565
• Certified Member by Colegio Nacional de Ortodoncia and Colegio Mexicano de Ortodoncia, 2014
• Member of Academia Mexicana de Ortodoncia
• Founder Member of Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas Sección Riviera Mayai
• Diploma on Damon System, 2006
• Diploma on Complete Clinical Orthodontics CCO System, 2014
• Diploma on Invisalign System, 2015
• Certified by El Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas
Dr. Marco Laguna Contreras
Endodontist and M.S. on Orthodontics
• Dental Surgeon, UNAM
• Dental Surgeon Professional ID 1845481
• Specialty on Endodontics, Universidad Tecnológica de México
• Specialty Professional ID 3273307
• Master on Orthodontics Sciences, Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila
• Certified Member of Consejo Mexicano de Endodoncia N. 260
• Member of Asociación Mexicana de Endodoncia
• Founder Member of Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas Sección Riviera Maya
• President of Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas Sección Riviera Maya, 2010 – 2012
• Invited professor in charge of Post-graduate courses on Endodontics at different universities
• Professor at UNAM (FES Iztacala and FES Acatlán), 1998 – 2007
• Professor of Endodontics at UNITEC, 1997 – 2003
• Honorific Mention in Premio Nacional de Investigación given by AME, 1998
• Has published papers on Journal of Endodontics
Dra. Mayra Miranda Salamerón
• Dental Surgeon, 1997 – 2002, UNAM
• Professional ID 3705883
• Certified by La Asociación Dental Mexicana y la SEP
• Theoretical – Practical Grade on Implant Dentistry by Universidad Tecnológica de México (Nobel Biocare)
• Founder Member of the Colegio Nacional de Cirujanos Dentistas de la Riviera Maya
• Ex-Teacher of UNAM and Universidad del Sur (Plantel Cancún) in Dental Surgeon and Fixed Prosthesis and Removable Prosthesis departments.
• Her professional practice has been oriented towards restorative odontology, removable prosthesis and Implant Dentistry
• She has a variety of degrees and courses at national and international scale
• National and international speaker
Dra. Andrea Lizette del Río Sánchez
• Dental Surgeon, 2013 – 2019
Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila
• Her professional practice has been oriented towards dental rehabilitation
Schedule an Appointment
Treatment While On Vacation
Can you imagine performing your Endodontics Treatment while vacationing in Paradise?
We offer you dental care with the highest international standards, since we have the most advanced hygiene measures and technology that guarantee you professional and safe care. All this while you enjoy, know and vacation in the heart of the Riviera Maya.
You will have at your disposal a lot of tourist attractions in the area. The offer of the Riviera Maya is very extensive, it has beaches of incomparable turquoise blue and fine sand, Archeological Sites such as Chichen Itza, Tulum and Xel-Ha, Cenotes, world-renowned Eco-tourist Tours, golf courses, you can Dive in one of the largest reefs in the world, eat at Typical Food Restaurants and International Haute Cuisine, or you can take a relaxing massage at a SPA.
We are leaders in Dental Tourism care, since we have extensive experience in the area and both our support staff and the Doctors are bilingual, which gives more confidence to our patients who come from all over the world such as UK, Canada, United States and Europe mainly.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ANOTHER TREATMENT?
How often should a dental cleaning be done?
It is recommended to visit a dentist every 6 months, for a general review of the mouth.
Why do gums bleed?
Bleeding usually occurs due to poor dental cleaning, especially due to lack of gum massage, it can also be caused by inflammation caused by medication.
Currently, what methods exist to restore the dienes?
There are three methods:
- Resins: when the cavities are minimal
- Dental Inlays: for wider Cavities
- Porcelain Crowns: When most of the tooth has been lost
Is it true that if I am upset or nervous, anesthesia has no effect?
No, anesthesia infiltrates a region of to numb that area of your mouth, stress or nervousness does not influence at all.
What problems entails losing a tooth?
It causes instability in the mouth and can trigger problems such as:
- Poor digestion
- Movements in adjacent teeth
- Separation of the teeth Lack of aesthetics or bad appearance
- Bone tissue is lost
What can i do to replace a lost tooth?
There are two solutions, the most recommended currently are Dental Implants or Porcelain Bridges
If I don't like my teeth, can I improve your appearance?
Of course, today there are several very simple and fast methods that allow you to change the appearance of the teeth and give the patient a pleasant and aesthetic smile.
Only teenagers or young adults can wear brackets?
No, you can usually use braces at any age. Your dentist will perform a complete examination of your mouth and diagnose if there is any impediment to carry out the treatment.
Monday to Friday:
9:00am – 6:00pm
9:00am – 2:00pm
Av. Constituyentes, between Av.20 y 20 BIS, Plaza Las Perlas Loc. 4, Centro, Playa Del Carmen, México
- Know our facilities
Schedule An Appointment
Dental Clinic | Playa del Carmen
011 52 984 803 1622